Staying in Normandy this Autumn
Head to Normandy for a weekend or for the holidays this Autumn
On your own, as a couple or as a family, discover Caen and Normandy!
Rich in history, the "City of a hundred steeples" is full of places to discover: medieval districts, typical Norman timber-framed houses, historical monuments, D-Day beaches and culinary specialities are waiting for you.
Book your hotel in Caen city centre
Ideally located in a quiet area just a few steps from the lively shopping streets of the centre, the 4-star Best Western Plus Le Moderne hotel is the perfect location for your stay to visit the city on foot.
The 42 elegantly decorated rooms can accommodate up to 3 people. All the necessary comfort for a comfortable and serene stay awaits you.
Other benefits of the hotel:
- Chromecast service in all rooms
- High-speed Wi-Fi connection
- Private garage (by prior arrangement)
- Public car park located a few steps away from the hotel
- 24-hour reception
The hotel is easy to reach and is only 1.6 kilometres from the SNCF train station. You can get there on foot (about 15-20 minutes) or take the T3 or T1 tramway lines.
Take advantage of the hotel's privileged location to travel by public transport during your stay in Caen.
You will find near the hotel:
- The "Théâtre" bus stop (platforms 2 and 3) 150 metres away
- The Saint-Pierre tram stop 250 metres away
These lines will allow you to move around the city or to reach the seaside resorts of Ouistreham and Lion-sur-Mer.
Great deal! Save money on your reservation thanks to the Best Western Rewards® loyalty programme: up to 10% off all year round!
What to visit in Caen during your stay
On foot or by public transport, Caen and its points of interest are easily accessible from the hotel. Discover our selection of places not to miss during your stay at the Best Western Plus Le Moderne!
Despite the bombings of the Second World War, Caen has preserved some architectural nuggets from the Middle Ages:
- The castle of Caen and its magnificent view from the ramparts, 5 minutes' walk away
- The Vaugueux district, 10 minutes' walk away
- The Men's Abbey, 10 minutes' walk away
- The Ladies' Abbey is 20 minutes away on foot
The places of memory and the D-Day landing beaches
Marked by the Second World War, Normandy now pays tribute to those who fought for freedom. Many places that have marked history are also accessible to the public today:
- The Caen Memorial
- Pegasus Bridge, 15 minutes away
- Sword Beach, the site of the Franco-British landings, 25 minutes away
- Juno Beach, where the Canadian forces landed, 25 minutes away
- Omaha Beach, the Normandy American Cemetery and the Omaha Beach Memorial Museum, 40 minutes away
- Arromanche 360 immersive cinema, 40 minutes away
The Côte Fleurie and its seaside resorts
Discover the most famous seaside resorts of the Normandy coast, less than an hour from the hotel:
- Cabourg, 30 minutes away
- Deauville, 35 minutes away
- Honfleur, 45 minutes away
The culinary specialities of Normandy
How could you not take advantage of your stay to taste the different local dishes? Find out from our hotel the places not to be missed during your stay to savour Norman cuisine!
> Discover our guide
Don't wait any longer and book now your stay or weekend at the Best Western Plus Le Moderne, your hotel in the centre of Caen!