What to do in winter in Caen?
Fill up on activities when you visit the City of Art and History
Winter has arrived in Normandy and you are looking for something to do in Caen? Don't wait any longer to discover our selection!
Our selection of activities to do and places to discover in Caen
The Caen Memorial
40 minutes on foot and 12 minutes by car from the hotel
Immerse yourself in the history of the 20th century alongside the French soldiers of the Second World War.
For a moment, browse through the archives of the June 1944 Landing and the Battle of Normandy.
Children and adults alike will enjoy discovering the fighting spirit of their forebears.
- Address: Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen.
- Price: €19.80/adult; €17.50/child from 10 to 18 years old and senior citizens over 65; €5/student.
The Men's Abbey
13 minutes walk from the hotel
Go to the old city centre of Caen to contemplate one of the symbols of the ducal period.
Founded by William the Conqueror, you can't miss this must-see visit during your stay in our hotel.
- Address: Esplanade Jean-Marie Louvel, 14000 Caen.
- Price: 8 €/person with guided tour and paying exhibition; 6.50 €/person by booking at the tourist office or on the website; 6 €/person with guided tour; free for under 18s.
8 minutes walk from the hotel
Stay in the old part of the city centre to explore the castle ruins.
In addition to its incredible history, the place offers you a breathtaking view of Caen and its surroundings.
- Address: 14000 Caen.
- Price: free.
The Abbaye aux Dames
20 minutes on foot and 7 minutes by car from the hotel
Like the Abbaye aux Hommes, this jewel of Norman heritage was built by William the Conqueror.
If you like history, this is a must-see during a stay in our hotel.
Some parts have been restored and you won't believe what you'll find until you step inside!
- Address: Place Reine Mathilde, 14000 Caen.
- Price: free for self-guided tours; up to €4 for guided tours.
Rue de Vaugueux
9 minutes walk from the hotel
The winter season is the time to enjoy good regional dishes. So we recommend that you go to the Vaugueux district to fill your stomach.
On the menu: tripe à la mode de Caen, black pudding or Normandy teurgoule.
Don't wait any longer and book your 4-star hotel in the centre of Caen now!