Bike hire in Caen
Cycle routes from Caen
The city of Caen has many cycling facilities for your enjoyment.
Book your bike online with OuiBike
For your getaway with our partner LocvélO, we invite you to book your bike online on the OuiBike website.
Electrically assisted bicycles (EAB) with a central engine are available. These bikes have a retro look, are unisex and easy to ride and are perfect for exploring Caen.
With a maximum range of 70km, equipped with a gel saddle and gel handles, they offer you all the comfort for a pleasant outing with your partner, your family and your children or with friends.
Prices and practical information
Book easily on the OuiBike website: www.ouibike.net.
This service is available to guests of our hotel in Caen, the Best Western Plus Hotel Le Moderne, as well as to outside guests.
The bikes are available for hire from 1 May to 1 October, every day, from 9am to 6pm.
- Daily rental: 35€ per person, helmet provided
- Compulsory insurance: 1.5€ per day and per bike
- Child seat from 9 months, maximum 22kg: 5€
- Reservation can be cancelled free of charge 24 hours in advance
Discovering Caen by bike
Take advantage of your stay at the Best Western Plus Hotel Le Moderne, a hotel with the Accueil Vélo label in Caen, to explore the cycle paths from Caen:
- Round trip Caen Ouistreham (seaside): ride along the Orne canal and its old towpath, an opportunity to admire the Pegasus Bridge and to stroll along the immense Riva-Bella beach.
- Suisse Normande: follow the route of the Vélo Francette between small bucolic roads and greenways. Don't miss the Roche d'Oëtre and its magnificent panorama over the Orne valley.
- Visit Caen: discover the history of Caen and its characters through the buildings and districts of the city.
Find out more about cycling in Caen on the website of the Caen La Mer Tourist Office: www.caenlamer-tourisme.fr.