Guided tours in Caen
Take advantage of your stay at the Best Western Plus Le Moderne to visit Caen.
With your family, as a couple, with friends, discover many places through a guided tour of Caen. And let yourself be guided through the city's rich heritage and exciting history.
In order to prepare your stay as well as possible, we have made a selection of commented and guided tours that you can discover during this summer period.
Visit of the underground ice-houseDiscover this cooler designed in the 19th century to keep foodstuffs cool and where dozens of inhabitants took refuge during the fighting.
- Monday 17, Thursday 20, Thursday 27 and Monday 31 August at 14:00pm, 14:45pm and 15:30pm
- Saturday, September 5 at 10:00am and 10:45am
- Basic rate: 6.00 €
The historical centre of CaenDuring 1h30, discover 1000 years of history including the hidden heritage of the city.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10:30am to 12:00pm until August 29th
- Basic rate: 6.00 €, free - 6 years old
Sword Beach, the Occupation and Liberation of OuistrehamThrough this visit, discover the sometimes unknown story of the "Kieffer Green Berets", part of one of the Franco-British commandoes that liberated Ouistreham.
- Tuesday 25 August at 10:30am
- Basic rate: 4.50 €
The historical centre can be visited with the familyIn family and from 6 years old, children can discover the emblematic places of the city.
- Wednesdays 12 and 19 August from 10:30am to 12:00pm
- Single rate: 5.50 €
Stroll in a small tourist trainExplore the centre of Caen aboard the little tourist train where you will see the main sites of the city: Saint-Pierre church, the Château Ducal, the Abbaye-aux-Dames, the marina or the Abbaye-aux-Hommes.
- 7 days a week, from 11:00am to 6:00pm until September 30th
- Basic rate: 6.50 €
Tickets and information on www.reservation.caenlamer-tourisme.fr